Peter’s cousin advised him to seek out other means of treatment. Peter saw an iridologist who advised him that his problems were due to microwave residues irritating his intestine & the build up of pesticides in the tissues of his body. Peter was placed on a detoxifying regime to remove the pesticides and microwave residues .He was advised about the importance of food in maintaining his health and advised to avoid microwaving food, to eat organic food & regular detoxification to remove the toxins and allow his body to heal. With this he recovered his health.
Food grown using natural fertilizers like cow dung, leaves or compost, and using crop rotation to enrich the soil, without pesticides or using natural pesticides like neem oil is called organically grown food. Organically grown food does not irritate our bodies, often has much better flavor and can actively promote good health. A perfect looking vegetable, grain or fruit, may be the result of too much pesticide being used during its growth, transportation and storage. It is wiser whenever possible, to eat organically grown food, thus preventing cancer, allergies and auto-immune disorders. Organically grown food does not have a long shelf life and should be consumed as early as possible as it does not contain pesticides and preservatives.
One way to identify organically grown vegetables or fruit is to see whether it shows signs of being decayed or eaten by insects. If it is safe for an insect to eat, it is likely to be safe for you to eat it too. A question I am often asked is how do can you be sure that food is organic? There is no easy way to be sure but a person who says food is organic is more likely to give you organic food than a person who is not making that claim. The supply chain is short with organic food, and it is easily possible for you to trace back where it comes from and how is it grown. Organic food tends to decay faster and has a short shelf life.
Foods grown in far away countries, and not native to the country in which you live are more likely to contain preservatives and pesticides to enable them to be transported to your country. Similarly fruit and vegetables available out of season, are likely to have been preserved, often with the most economical but not necessarily the safest method.
All fruits and vegetables should be thoroughly washed in running water before eating or cooking. Raw vegetables and fruit can cause parasitic infections if not properly washed. Hydrogen Peroxide is a safe disinfectant which destroys bacteria & viruses with great efficacy and does not leave any toxic residues or bad taste. Washing vegetables with Vinegar and water may help remove the pesticides on the surface of the vegetable fruit or grain. Soap or detergents should never be used to wash vegetables or fruit. Potatoes, carrots and other vegetables grown under the ground can be scrubbed clean with a brush. Cut away any damaged, over ripe or bruised areas in fruits and vegetables as bacteria thrive in such places.
Vegetables, fruits and grain which are eaten without removing the skin, should first be washed in a solution containing a tablespoon of vinegar and 1 table spoon of hydrogen peroxide in a litre of water. Vinegar can remove some pesticides present on the surface of fruits and vegetables. It does not however remove the pesticides inside fruit and vegetables. Apples & table grapes are two fruits which are often dipped in pesticide after harvesting to preserve them. Such fruit are best avoided or if eaten should be peeled before eating.
Present day techniques of growing food, use chemical fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, fungicides, and genetically modified seeds to maximize the crop yield.
Eating food grown with the help of these methods greatly increases your risk of getting indigestion, food allergies and diseases like asthma, migraine, auto immune diseases, obesity, heart disease and cancer. This little movie sums up this message nicely www.storewars.org.
Pesticides are substances used to poison and kill insects or other small animals. Insecticides are poisons used to kill insects. These are usually sprayed on plants, both while they are growing and on fruit, vegetable and grain to prevent them from being eaten. These poisons also affect and poison our bodies when we eat food sprayed with pesticides. Unfortunately many of us are blind to this obvious fact. The biotech industry is fond of saying that they offer genetically modified (GM) crops that resist pests. This might conjure up the image of insects staying away from GM crop fields. But “resisting pests” is just a euphemism for saying the food contains its own built-in pesticide. When bugs take a bite of the GM plant, the toxin splits open their stomach and kills them. This equally has toxic effects on us when we eat these foods. The seeds of these plants are also sterile. http://www.seedsofdeception.com/utility/showArticle/?objectID=1264
Spraying and using pesticides in our homes, offices & gardens also carries a high risk of giving us pesticide poisoning. I have seen several cases of breast and brain cancer following the spraying of pesticides in homes and gardens to kill pests like cockroaches. Neem based pesticides are a better and safer alternative. Some pesticides are similar to estrogens and mimic their effects on the body causing breast, ovarian and prostate cancer. Detoxification of the body to remove the pesticide can allow the body to heal and destroy the tumor.
Pesticides persist in the soil and in our bodies for many years. They attach themselves to protein molecules and are a significant cause of food allergies as well as cancer. The great increase in food allergies seen in the last half of the 20th century is largely due to the widespread use of pesticides. Pesticides attach themselves to many of the enzymes which carry out vital functions in our body including mitochondria and lead to a loss of energy and efficiency. Pesticide poisoning is a significant cause of chronic fatigue syndrome, candidiasis and cancer.
Pesticides are also called POPs or Persistent organic pollutants. Some commonly used pesticides, commonly called the dirty dozen are DDT, lindane, aldrin, dieldrin, endrin, chlordane, heptachlor, mirex, toxaphene, hexa chlorobenzene, poly chlorinated biphenyles, dioxins and furanes.
These pesticides poison the soil and water for many years and enter our food chain through fruits, vegetables and grains as well as through meats and fish. These pesticides have a half life of between 40-150 years and hence will persist to even poison our great grand children. This is why most of the world’s population have pesticide levels in their bodies which are 20-1000 times more than what the World health organization considers to be safe. As a result the incidence of Cancer, allergies and auto immune diseases has sky rocketed world wide.
Fertilizers are artificial nutrients added to the soil to increase the yield of food. If applied carefully in the correct dosage they have few adverse effects on health but if applied indiscriminately in the wrong doses they affect the soil, the water, our health and our bodies. Compost & cow dung are two commonly used fertilizers which are safe and organic.